Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My eyes!!!!

Seriously. My vision sucks so bad right now. I finally went to the eye doctor because I felt like I was straining to see while wearing my contacts. Turns out that I have astigmatism, which is the most common eye problem. The optometrist gave me some contacts with my new script, but it still feels like I am straining, so I've been wearing my glasses the past couple days. I hate it. I don't have prescription sunglasses and I don't like being in the sun without them. I probably won't get new contacts before we leave on our trip either. Bummer.

Speaking of the trip...John, Caroline and I are going to Durango, Colorado and my Dad is coming with us. This should be an interesting trip!! My Grandma is in a nursing home and not doing so well lately. Caroline is her first great-grandchild and I want her to see her in person. I know there won't be any interaction between them, but I know it is the right thing to do. It is going to be hard, because I know my Dad will cry. He's so emotional.

John is going to go skiing at Purgatory while we are there. He loves to ski and hasn't been since before we got together almost 5 years ago. He used to be a ski instructor in West Virginia. I wish that I could go with him, but I must watch the Cookie. I have actually never been skiing before. I would like to try it sometime...who knows when though.

No comments: