Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's all about the numbers and competition

It's all about how many times I've fed her or how many poopy diapers he's changed. It's all about who has to get up in the middle of the night however many days in a row. It's all about the next 2 nights when he won't be home at all. Eventually, it is all going to even out and eventually we will both realize that it doesn't freaking matter and has to be done anyway.

My mom and my sister have this odd little competition going. Or rather, my mom does. Laura just laughs at her. If my mom does something with Caroline or sees her and Laura doesn't-she calls her and rubs it in. Laura babysat for me on Saturday morning while I was at the dentist. When I told my mom, she seemed hurt. WTF?

Me: I'm going to the dentist at 7:30 tomorrow morning, so Laura is going to come over and watch Caroline for me.
Her: *pause*pause*pause*pause*Oh.
Me: This was last minute and she only lives 2 miles away.

Oh and my second week back at work is so much better. As much as I miss her, I think that being at work is helping me. I have to be sane to raise her right?!

No comments: