Saturday, October 25, 2008

I totally suck at this updating thing

Anyway...

As of Friday, I am 3 months pregnant! The little one is a hyper little thing already. Dancing for the ultrasounds.

Here's the story for those that don't know it:

We met with a RE on July 31st. He ordered a bunch of genetic testing and told us that we could maybe do one more IUI and then we should move on to IVF. He told us our chances of conceiving via IUI were smaller each time, so it was up to us how we wanted to spend our $$. The nurse told us she would contact us with the testing info and 2 weeks later, she still hadnt. After many talks, we (okay, mostly me) decided that we would be ok having only Caroline. We would be able to do do and see so much more. It wasn't our plan, but it would be fine. We decided to do a onetime try at IVF once my new infertility benefits started sometime next year.

Those talks must have been our luck or something because I started feeling horrible. Tired, zitty, hungry, and oily. Just horrible. I told one of my friends, "if I didn't know I couldn't get pregnant the old fashioned way, I'd swear I was pregnant." I bought a pregnancy test that night. I peed and 2 lines immediately showed up. Since I was not expecting a positive test, I figured the results would be a plus sign and line in the control window. I went about my business and got ready to throw that sucker away when I noticed that the tests on the box had 2 lines. Weird. Read the directions and OMIGOD!!! I am pregnant! I immediately started sobbing.

John called me about 5 minutes later and started asking me about my vision benefits. I told him I didn't care, but did his new insurance have good maternity benefits? He didn't get it. I had to repeat it a couple times and then finally say JOHN, I'm PREGNANT!! He was shocked to say the least.

So, miracle #2 has a due date of May 8th, but will probably arrive sometime in April.

No comments: